iTunesArtwork is the file used to give the IPA (iPhone/iPod/iPad Application) its icon on the iOS device. To access the full high resolution, simply follow these steps.
Full artwork with no edges rounded
- Get an IPA file.
- Change the extension file to a zip.
- Use any unzipping software to unzip it.
- I file name "iTunesArtwork" will be there.
- Simply give it an extension that is either "jpg" or "png".
Artwork with edges rounded
Please Note: You will need iTunes and version 188.8.131.52 of it, since it is no longer possible as of version 12.
- Move an IPA file to iTunes.
- Right click on it and click one "Get Info".
- Another small window will shop up with the summary of the app.
- Click on the "Artwork" tab and you will see the app's icon.
- Simply drag the image onto a folder or desktop.